torstai 5. syyskuuta 2013

There are no more plates

Harjoittelen tässä samalla kirjoituksiin ja kirjoitan tänään poikkeuksellisesti englanniksi :) enjoy!


There's a girl in a corner of the library, sobbing. What's the matter with teenagers these days? Coming to library to sob, Fred thinks to himself. He looks at the pathetic sight for a while before deciding to go to talk to her.

- My darling girl. Are you just crying over your geography book? he asks the girl.
- Yes. I think I am, she answers, still sniffling.
- Well, whether you've just read that pandas are dying out or you're just very, very emotional, Fred says smiling.
- No sir, she says trying to smile back. - I'm in high school!
Her voice breaks at the last two words and she starts to sob again, slightly hysterically.
- I don't understand, Fred says patiently. The girl breaths slowly couple times and calms down.
- Well, we're having our final exams in few weeks from now and everybody's freaking out a bit. It's quite normal, she whispers.
- So you decided to come here to.. cry out?
- No.. I came here to read geography. I'm not crying for the tests at all actually.
- So why then?
- Well... It's quite silly. You see, I was coming here and on my way I stopped to this store to buy some plates. There are these beautiful plates I'm collecting for the time I'll move out, and I heard that they've stopped making them. I've only got four plates and I needed four more - you do nothing with just four plates - and... and they told me that they're sold out!
- And that's when you started crying?
The girl shakes her head with her lips trembling.
-No. I said "Oh that's too bad. Thank you anyway ma'am." And I came here. Then I started to read about children who have HIV and malaria and no place to live or water or food, let alone plates to eat it from. And that's when I started crying.
- Well I was right then. You are emotional, Fred says.
- I guess I am. And tired, she says, finally smiling.
- What's your name? she asks.
- I'm Fred.
- Thank you Fred. You made me feel a lot better.
- That's alright. Usually talking helps. What's your name?
- Abigail, she says and shakes his hand.
- It was nice meeting you Abigail. Good luck with your exams!
- Thaks, Abigail says, sniffs a bit, and then keeps on reading.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti